Pages

Saturday, May 18, 2013

LISBON | JOANA VASCONCELOS AT PALÁCIO NACIONAL DA AJUDA (PART 3/3)



Apologies for the lateness of this post, but my personal life got in the way. (You could wonder what sorts of exciting things are happening in my life at the moment that take me away from blogging, but really I just mean tons of boring work for university. Those dreaded and much anticipated last two weeks of classes have started. My life is a mess.) But here it is, as promised, the last of the Joana Vasconcelos' posts!





Insert personal note here: this is probably my favourite piece. It is just so elaborate and there is so much attention to detail, it's hard to imagine all the scrupulous work involved. It is an intrecate design made out of plastic forks. Of all things! The result is fantastic and I loved the way the cheap red plastic caught the light, so pretty.




I heard this tampon chandelier didn't make it to the Versailles exhibition, and I fail to see how a tampon is still an offensive or uncomfortable object to look at on the 21st century.






So there you go! This is the end of my trilogy on the Joana Vasconcelos exhibition at Palácio Nacional da Ajuda, in Lisbon. If you're looking for some cultural plans for the summer, I definitely recommend this. My own father wants to see this and asked if I wouldn't mind going again to keep him company, so I may even take another look at the exhibition soon.

(End of part 3 of 3)

No comments:

Post a Comment